Filma-Cass was founded in 1981 by Ömer Vargı to produce commercials for TV channels.
In early 80’s when Turkey had only one state TV channel, when production was done with limited technical capabilities, Filma-Cass foresightedly invested in technology and human resource, focusing in future possibilities.
Filma-Cass established leadership in the industry with various international partnerships and Turkey representations of international companies.
Filma-Cass produced more than 2400 TV commercials since 1981 for local and international markets.
Ace, Airbus, Ali Taran CWS, Alo, Arçelik, Ariel, Axa, Auer, Avea, BBDO, Blendax, BP, Bridgestone, Burger King, Coca-Cola, Colgate Palmolive, D’Arcy, Danone, Denizbank, Digiturk, Domestos, Duru, Elidor, Ericsson, Evyap, Euro RSCG-Wnek Gosper, Fed-Ex, Fortune Promo Seven, Grey, Havas (Klan Eoro RSCG), Jacobs, J&J, Knorr, Leo Burnett, Lowe, Manajans JWT, McCann-Erikson, McDonalds, Mobil, Nestle, Nivea, Ogilvy & Mather, Omo, Orkid, Pampers, Pamukbank, Pepsi, Publicis, Rexona, RPM, Saatchi & Saatchi, Schöller, Scotch-Brite, Siemens, Signal, TBWA, Telsim, Toyota, Turkcell, Ülker, Unilever, Volkswagen, Yapı Kredi, Young & Rubicam etc…
Besides commercial productions, Filma-Cass invested in theatrical movie industry in Turkey that had been sinking for the last decade. The industry that hardly achieved 10-15 releases a year is now producing about 70-80 movies a year.
Filma-Cass produced a total of 9 theatrical movies (Amerikalı, Eşkiya, O da Beni Seviyor, Herşey Çok Güzel Olacak, İnşaat, Gönül Yarası, Kabadayı, No Ofsayt, Anadolu Kartalları) with top box-office results. 4 of them were directed by Ömer Vargı.
Filma-Cass has also successfully produced serials and game shows for TV .
Filma-Cass has produced and co-produced commercials in various countries including U.S.A., U.K., Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Azerbaijan etc…
With international partnerships Filma-Cass become a high standard total production solution for all ranges of productions; camera, lights, grip, editing, studio services etc…
In 2005 Ömer Vargı, consolidated all technical services and infrastructure under separate companies, Istanbul Film Studios and Istanbul Camera Lighting & Grip, to allow Filma-Cass to focus mainly in production.
- FILMA‐CASS is the production company of the group.
- ISTANBUL KAMERA ISIK is the company that provides total high quality camera, lighting rental services to various
companies in the region
- ISTANBUL FILM STUDIOS is the company that manages 19 studios of 16.000 m2, the far apart largest facility in Turkey and one of the leading facilities in the region
ALL COMPANIES SHARE THE SYNERGY TO PROVIDE COST EFFECTIVE, HIGH QUALITY SOLUTIONS FOR CLIENTS
- Independent structure
- Dedicated to investment
- Decision mechanism targeting client satisfaction
- Ultimate effort to understand client expectations
- Understanding new media needs (DIGITAL)
- Cost efficient working model
- Corporate culture to invest in talent
- Expert team with capability to work independently
- Sustainability of service quality
2. PRODUCTION QUALITY
- World class high quality production facilities
- Cooperation with international directors and dops
- Highly skilled team
- Experience in working with global companies and brands
- Quick adaptation to change
- Perfect timing & time management
INPUTS - PRODUCTION FACTORS
Rational project analysis and capability to evaluate the
project within the right finance and budget.
Using the right technology and the right work flow in order
to present cost effective solutions
Understanding of maintaining the high level of artistic and aesthetic needs of the project.
- Filma-Cass internalized the idea of working locally with a global vision.
- Consolidation of all technological services and infrastructure under additional two separate companies was to have the ability to provide one step solutions with high quality corporate skills to global market.
- Production collaboration with international production houses.
- EXPERIENCE – 30 years with sustained high quality service
- COMPETITION – Sustained leadership in the industry
- INTERNAL EDUCATION – Corporate understanding to invest in human capital (Over 30 production companies emerged from Filma-Cass within the years)
- CLIENT – Experience to work with global clients and brands that enhances company abilities
- GEOGRAPHY – Turkey as classically known to be a bridge between Europe and Asia is a hub in all means for perfect solutions in many aspects. Filma-Cass sees Turkey’s unique geography as one of his basic skills.
- FINANCIAL STRENGTH – All three group companies are financially solid and transparent, allowing the group to work independently